Five tips on how to better market your grain
1. Stay unemotional, consistent and disciplined.
2. Separate futures decision to maximize basis and carry.
3. Focus on seasonality and mind the calendar.
4. Market your crop incrementally at small rallies to diversify price action.
5. Know your inputs & breakevens — use your marketing to alleviate risk.
- I grew up on my family’s farm north of Fairbury, NE before I headed off to college at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I will graduate in May of 2018 with a degree in Agribusiness and Marketing. I assisted my dad and grandpa with farming operations from a young age which enabled me to witness firsthand the immense amount of hard work that is undergone daily to keep a successful operation running. This influenced me to pursue a career in agriculture that would ease the lives of farmers so that they can focus on what’s truly important – which led me to Tredas. I began working as an intern for Tredas in January of 2017 and have learned so much about the business of commodity trading and risk management since then. In my free time, I enjoy attending baseball games, going to the lake, and spending time with family and friends.